Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

A Year Coming to an End

Well, 2010 is coming to an end, and 2011 is starting.  Obviously I have not had the time to update this blog daily, or even weekly.   I read the Bible pretty much every day, although like everyone I have those days when I fail in this area.  I just don't have the time to write a devotion every day.

So my new goal for this blog is to post at least twice a month, devotionals, commentaries, Bible studies, or just my thoughts on spiritual matters. 

For my own quiet time each day I am going to be reading through the Bible in a Year, to make this easier, I am going to be using The Life Principles Daily Bible it is a neat Bible, it is the entire text of the Bible divided into daily readings.  You read the a couple of chapters from the Old Testament, some verses from Psalms and Proverbs, and usually at least a chapter from the New Testament each day.  Within each of those categories, you are going in the order that you find the books in your regular Bible.  For example on January 1st the readings go like this; Genesis 1:1-2:25, Psalm 1:1-6, Proverbs 1:1-7, and Matthew 1:1-25.  Now on January 2nd, you continue where you left of in each of the books above, Genesis 3:1-4:26, Psalm 2:1-6, Proverbs 1:8-9, Matthew 2:1-23.  This continues, and when you finish a book you go on to the next, for example, Genesis is followed by Exodus...  what makes this different from other similar reading plans is that it is all divided up for you, so that you just take the Bible and open to the date, and there is the scripture divided as I've described above.  It simplifies things not to have a reading plan on a separate paper that (for me) always manages to get lost, leaving me wondering how far I'm supposed to read that day.

It is also interspersed with thoughts and teachings from Charles F. Stanley, but while I like him and his teachings, that is really not what drew me to this Bible, what really drew me to it was the simplification of the "read through the Bible in a Year" plan.  :)

So, between now and the end of January, if I keep to my resolution regarding this blog, there will be at least two more entries!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment